Director of Podiatric Surgery Service
Columbia University Campus of New York Presbyterian Hospital
- 2014 Physician of the Year: NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- Over 30 years of surgical experience
- Member of surgical staff at New York Presbyterian Hospital -- Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Consultant to the Columbia University Medical Center Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center
- Active member and former President of the Greater New York Division of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Holds an academic appointment at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia University and in the Department of Surgery at Weill-Cornell Medical Center
- Actively involved in residency training
- Widely published
- Graduated from Yeshiva University College in 1985
- Completed his postgraduate medical education and surgical residency serving as Chief Resident at the affiliated hospitals of the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Board Certified by The American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
About Dr. Bar-David
Dr. Bar-David is a board certified podiatric physician with more than 30 years of experience in foot and ankle surgery. His private practice is affiliated with the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He is the director of the Podiatric Surgery Service at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Dr. Bar-David treats patients with a full range of foot problems in both adults and children. He uses nonsurgical treatment approaches whenever possible and is a specialist in the use of custom molded orthotics to solve many issues. His goal for all of his patients is to help them return to their active lifestyles as quickly as possible.
Dr. Bar-David's special expertise is in reconstructive foot surgery, particularly for bunions, hammertoes, and other ailments requiring reconstruction of the foot. He has pioneered new surgical techniques which have resulted in less pain, faster recovery, and better long-term results for patients with advanced bunions. Dr. Bar-David is widely published in peer-reviewed medical journals and shares his experience with colleagues through national meetings. He welcomes new patients with complications from previous surgeries or who are seeking second opinions for procedures they are considering.
After graduating from Yeshiva University, Dr. Bar-David completed his medical education and surgical residency at the affiliated hospitals of the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is an active member and former president of the greater New York division of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Bar-David is dedicated to mentoring residents and young physicians and was designated Physician of the Year at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital in 2014. He also serves on several local community boards. A runner of several marathons, Dr. Bar-David understands the foot issues of athletes and enjoys helping them achieve their personal goals.